We are currently experiencing high demand and an unusual amount of orders. We would like to advise the following points:
- Please allow additional time for any customer service requests. We are unable to take calls at this time, please open a ticket via our support system or email: [email protected]
- Our same day dispatch cut off time has been changed to 12.00 NOON
- Live plants: Due to COVID-19 and the bank holidays there are starting to be some gaps in our plant supply chain, which results in fewer deliveries and lower availability from growers. This specifically will affect pre-order, backorder and special order plants. Please allow a few extra days for those. Due to the high demand in plant orders, certain stocks are selling out fast. We are increasing our stock and order frequency to compensate for this.
- Live shrimp and snail shipping has been temporarily suspended. Royal Mail is experiencing delays across its network. We currently do not expect to offer livestock shipments again before the End of August.
- Royal Mail is now experiencing extensive delays across its network. This is caused by staffing issues in a majority of their sorting facilities. Economy shipment can in some cases now take an addition 10 days, Standard shipping can take an additional 5 days. We are seeing more delays on shipments handed over on Mondays. This varies widely and depends on delivery postcode and routing within RM's network. You can see additional Royal Mail updates here:
- Our Couriers DHL Parcel UK, DHL Express and APC Overnight are starting to see delays depending on local depots, please allow an addition 2-3 days for delivery.
The transition period after leaving the European Union will come to an end on 31/12/2020 at 23:00. At this time a new Northern Ireland Protocol will come into force, which demands customs declarations of all goods entering Northern Ireland from Great Britain. This is independent of any outcome of the current trade negotiations.
At the time of writing this article (20/12/20), the UK Government has still not clarified the customs declaration requirements for parcels sent between Great Britain and Northern Ireland to private end customers. This has caused the first carriers to suspend parcel deliveries from Great Britain to Northern Ireland until a time this has been clarified.
Customs declarations are complex and have to be supplied electronically with full documentation of the goods shipped. Even with the new UK Trader Scheme, which opened applications this week, the process is not 100% straight forward just yet.
Due to this Pro Shrimp will temporarily suspend all deliveries to addresses in Northern Ireland. Please be assured that we are working with our carriers and shipping partners to get this resolved as soon as possible.