Second National Lockdown (02/11/2020)
The government has announced a second national lockdown to commence this week. We have seen a steep increase in placed orders due to this. This will feed through to all carriers, so please expect additional delays in transit and allow an extra day for dispatch. We would kindly ask to keep customer service requests to a minimum and prefer emails to phone calls at this time.
Long delays on Royal Mail services (19/11/2020)
Royal Mail is experiencing regular long delays now across most of their sorting facilities. Please allow additional days on top of the advertised shipping time. We would urge customers to utilise our Courier Shipping option to guarantee fast delivery where possible.
COVID-19 & Service Update
We are currently experiencing high demand and an unusual amount of orders. We would like to advise the following points:
- Please allow additional time for any customer service requests. We are unable to take calls at this time, please open a ticket via our support system or email: [email protected]
- Our same day dispatch cut off time has been changed to 12.00 NOON
- Live plants: Due to COVID-19 and the bank holidays there are starting to be some gaps in our plant supply chain, which results in fewer deliveries and lower availability from growers. This specifically will affect pre-order, backorder and special order plants. Please allow a few extra days for those. Due to the high demand in plant orders, certain stocks are selling out fast. We are increasing our stock and order frequency to compensate for this.
- Live shrimp and snail shipping has been temporarily suspended. Royal Mail is experiencing delays across its network. We currently do not expect to offer livestock shipments again before the End of August.
- Royal Mail is now experiencing extensive delays across its network. This is caused by staffing issues in a majority of their sorting facilities. Economy shipment can in some cases now take an addition 10 days, Standard shipping can take an additional 5 days. We are seeing more delays on shipments handed over on Mondays. This varies widely and depends on delivery postcode and routing within RM's network. You can see additional Royal Mail updates here:
- Our Couriers DHL Parcel UK, DHL Express and APC Overnight are starting to see delays depending on local depots, please allow an addition 2-3 days for delivery.
Our walk-in shop will be staying closed to the public at this moment in time!
Covid-19 Update (23/10/2020)
We would like to give you a quick update about the current situation.
Our shop will be staying closed to the public for the coming weeks. We will assess the situation and are currently planning additional measures to allow a limited collection/pick up service. In the interest of our staff and customers we are feeling it is not safe to reopen to the public at this stage while maintaining adequate social distancing with customers in the shop during normal operation.
We have started to restart livestock shipments in a limited capacity and changes to service levels and process, please see our LIVESTOCK SHIPPING PAGE
Standard and especially economy services supplied by Royal Mail are still showing a high number of delays. Especially economy shipments handed over on Mondays and Tuesdays are showing regular delays. Our courier services are returning to the usual delivery times, so we are advising to use these, especially for time sensitive goods and live plants.
Support & Customer Service
We are still experiencing a high number of orders and customer requests and would kindly ask to limit your requests to email and support tickets via our support system.
Thank you again for your continuing support during those testing times!